What is Spiritual Direction?
I am a certified spiritual director, trained in the Benedictine tradition at the Global Online Benedictine Spiritual Direction Program in Colorado Springs, Colorado.
Spiritual direction is:
· The art of listening to the soul journey of another.
· The exploration of a person’s spiritual path with someone trained to listen and discern.
· Helping people deepen their intimacy with God
· Helping people get unstuck from unhealthy views of God, themselves, and others
· Being attentive to God’s life and movement in our human quest for meaning, love, and identity
· Helping people tell their sacred stories
· Having a field guide on the path of life
· Having an accompanist behind the music of your life
· Holy listening
· Midwifery for the soul
· Creating space for God
· Guiding others towards greater spiritual formation
I walk with people as God makes them whole.